Wednesday, January 31

Tripping

<- Click here
Sunday as we awaited the New York train chugging into Lancaster's station, a steely sky colored things blue as the daybreak's cold. As the winds snapped this door about I realized the box contained a track just as real as the one in the background. Each can take us somewhere. One, at the speed of light, can whip ideas around the globe. The other, more sedately, can start bodies on a worldwide trip. Two doorways here on this 19th century train platform... when do you think the technologies powering the second will match the speed of the first?

3 comments:

Andreas said...

Woosh! That's strong! Everything is blurry, moody, and then, suddenly, like an explosion, there is this open phone box, completely sharp and, relative to the rest of the image, with an impossible depth of field.

And the oblique dark line right from the middle, near the bottom? I don't know why, but I see the suggestion of a woman leaning against a man, really nothing visible but her legs, both embracing each other, kissing, oblivious to the yell of the phone box.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Andreas on this one. I could swear I was wearing 3D glasses the way the door of the phone box jumped out of the image. Amazing effect.

PS Lots of problems getting through on Blogger this am

Ted said...

You know it's odd... personally the effect of spot color in an image seems very gimmicky to me. I have rarely seen it used effectively. Or put another way... it makes me more aware of the effect than of the image. And yet, here I am doing almost exactly the same thing with another effect. Hmmmm.... Of course, the image here has been dramatically worked upon... As opposed to merely droppig all polychrome except in one area... still... It is nice to hear you both say this works. I was worried about it.

Ted