Monday, July 2

Society's End

<- Click here

It seemed to me that a society ended at the edge of that strictly controlled brick circle and something else happened in the darkness at the trail's end. And I wondered if anyone dared to escape a perfectly planned life on that rich crescent to a future down the uncertain path?

Yeah... what if the future called from somewhere behind that foliage... and she went to seek it. Who did she leave in anguish on that disciplined swirl of perfectly laid bricks? Dear friends? Children? Parents? Family? Lovers? Who stood there peering down the pathway to... to...

All of this occurred to me Saturday along the Brandywine - yards away from yesterday's image.

My imagination is quite rich...

Wish I were....

2 comments:

Debra Trean said...

Perfect words to go with this delightful image. I love the color the mystery and the sense of wonder in this image. Well seen and very well taken!!

Ted said...

(pnf) Thanks for particularly commenting upon the mystery you sensed. I had the feeling here that I was picturing an edge. Edges come between places. Or between places and nothings. The can represent endings, or beginnings. They rarely represent a continuation. At the edge in my image, ordered society meets anarchistic nature. As I've often noted in this blog... they are antagonists. I suspect that time is always on the side of nature... But optimists aren't so sure.

At any rate, what happens beyond an edge can often be so uncertain that it marks off the realm of mystery... And yeah, edges are not only mysterious... they are wondrous, and wonder is something that I like in images. Many can make me go "Wow!" but it is the ones that make me go... "Hmmmmmm!" = that make me wonder - those are the images to which I return.