Tuesday, September 11

Wheels #2 - Tuesday

<- Click here
Wheels theme week continues.... Another image made where the air is blared by squint-tight sun. The challenge goes on: How to make lemonade from the lemon light of mid day in summer on the streets of Lancaster's epicenter? Yesterday I grabbed the searing red interior of a '57 Caddy. Tonight, just what you crave on a desert-like day... WATER! Here's the coolant cap from some wonderful piece of motorized sculptor built I imagine in the mid 1930s. No details, it's as if I present a picture of a trunk and it's up to you to imagine the entire elephant that's behind the thing. Here's a water cap... so go ahead, imagine the rest.

There are stories to these old cars and some of them I bet are pretty sexy. It was the first time when boys and girls of the masses could go off alone in portable rooms for a night of passionate fun.And the results? Seventy five year old kiddies walking these very Lancaster streets all a-squint against a sun that adds dazzle to memories of their parents' frolickings in seventy five year old trucks.

2 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Love it.

Those are romantic machines for sure.

Check out one of my first posts on my photoblog. I wrote about a car show that I go to a lot...

http://chadoneil.blogspot.com/2006/06/auto-art.html

Debra Trean said...

I actually like all your wheel images but this one kept my eye just so busy. What a great image !