Thursday, January 22

Getting Ahead

<-Click here
I've figured out that in life we have to deal with loud noises, abrupt bangs, and metal lumps like this that can trip us up if we're not looking down. Which of course is a problem if we walk around looking up.Hmmm... There's a moral here, right?

---

The way I look at it, a photographic artist works backward from a painter. See, a painter starts with an empty canvas and edits it full, we start with a full frame, and edit down. Or at least that's the way it used to be. Now we start with a full frame and fill it up more even while we toss stuff away like in this image. It's a lot more complicated what we do today. Painters sure have it easy.

5 comments:

J. L. T. said...

Great pre-process and reflections;-) Sunny greetings

Ted said...

Thanks J.L.T. I am reeeeeely fascinated by this...this... whatever it is. So far I've been able to show it off in a way that pops, but it seems to belong as part of a deeper thought or feeling rather than merely standing alone. There is a collage, I think... probably with heavy texturing and a lot of menacing shadows which will raise a lot of intriguing questions if this thing is a part of that image. Hmmmm.... Any suggestions?

J. L. T. said...

Hi Ted,
yes, IT is reeeeaaaally fascinating and of course it is much more deeper. hmm... maybe a mirror could help. the deeper, mysterious parts could be "painted" in the mirrored skull. If you thing about a collage you could play with a mirrored skull too. I´m curious about your results:-))
Sunny greets

Ted said...

(J.L.T.) Thanks J.L.T. I am reeeeeely fascinated by this...this... whatever it is. So far I've been able to show it off in a way that pops, but it seems to belong as part of a deeper thought or feeling rather than merely standing alone. There is a collage, I think... probably with heavy texturing and a lot of menacing shadows which will raise a lot of intriguing questions if this thing is a part of that image. Hmmmm.... Any suggestions?

BTW, I appreciate you stopping by here, your images are always so thoughtful and interesting. (see link up there on the right) are thoughtful and interesting.

J. L. T. said...

Hi Ted,
thanx for the link. I will return the favor;-) Let me see what the skull-discussion brings;-)) sunny greets