Wednesday, August 5

Potter County #2: Pond #1

<- Click here

If you'll look again at my last post and peer just to the left of the building... well walk that way and immediately beside and to the rear of the lodge is where I stood to grab this pano of their first pond. In fact, that tree to the right here... see it? That's the tree which is framing the top of the lodge in yesterday's post. It seems as if the blue egrets have reduced the trout population this year since even through the mists you can see to the bottom of the six foot deep waters.

PreProcessing: As yesterday, I caught the series through my Canon 40D's EFS 17-85mm (f4-5.6). PostProcessing: The four images stitched together nicely with CS4's merge tool. I cropped it some, diddled with the dynamic range then used Topaz and AlienSkin's watercolor devices to tease out the mystery of the pool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lived most of my life in Potter County (Roulette). Clara was my backyard. Am now living on the Eastern Shore of Maryland (pretty but still not Potter County). I love these photgraphs. Thank you so much for sharing. Oh by the way I found you from Soloms Words