Friday, July 29

Back From Turkey

<- Click here
Golden…
The morning.
Constantine might
Recognize his city
As his church turns
Golden.

Just back… from ten days straddling two continents..

The Hagia Sophia
Istanbul, Turkey
From the roof of the Ramada hotel
Canon 7D: PS4, Topaz, AlienSkin: SnapArt, Oil Paint, custom filters, textures, and brushes.

Okay... after writing all of that Andreas Manessinger broke it to me that this is NOT the Hagia Sophia but in fact it's the Yeni Camii or New Mosque. The Hagia Sophia - Constantine's fifth Century cathedral is yet to come.

Which brings me to...

<- Click here

Carved or released?
The houses of Mardin
Pop from their stone
Cool beneath
The broiling
Sun…

There is in Istanbul the world’s largest minature park – or park of minatures…
Miniaturk, Istanbul, Turkey
Canon 7D, PS4: Custom brushes, textures, Topaz2, AlienSkin: SnapArt, colored pencil, Bokeh 2, Planar.

5 comments:

Andreas said...

The miniature effect is nicely done - just because it is not. The way you break the laws of physics and use sharpness to model patterns of attention is very clever. Clever and cool. Let's see how this effect ages.

In my opinion the original optical effect, achieved with T/S lenses, gets old very fast. It's still nice sometimes, but once you've seen the movie that some guy made with a Nikon D3 from New York's roofs, there is no surprise left.

This is different. It's more of a scintillating selective perception. I like that.

Flo (tonebytone) said...

Ted, I love both images. I spoke about the first one in the TME forum. So I'll just comment on the 2nd. I love how you made that tall tower stand out from the background. Love the little pops of cool colors here and there, too, as counterpoint to the over-all warmth.

Roland said...

To be honest, Ted, the wealth of technical information is just not appropriate in front of this first piece of art. There are implied leading lines, excellent composition, sensible use of dramatisation and exaggeration of light and warmth, there is smell and sound, there are dreams and hope hovering over the countless houses. Who cares about the camera or the photoshop filter. ;-)

cheers
®

Flo (tonebytone) said...

Ted, lol, but I'll have to agree with Roland about the placement of the EXIF data! "Who cares?" he asks. Well, I'm sure some people do. If this were my blog, I'd place the EXIF data beneath my poems, comments, etc.

Flo

Ted said...

Damned MB-Pro's HD went BLOOIE! Once again Apple replaced it, and since I'm using Time Machine on a Drobo, and the replacement drive was perfectly rebuilt in five hours upon it's return. Unfortunately t took a number of days for the drove to come in... So I am way behind in my Turkey images. I hate it when life int
Rides upon my fun... Sigh!

Oh BTW since I bought my first MBro, They've replaced three HDs and an entire machine! All under warranty in a four year period!

And yet the machines themselves are wonderful. I'm thinking though that Mac may have a tiny quality control iss?

Anyway thanks Andreas and Flo. While I'm happy w/th these two... Don't know what's more in the files. Took perhaps a thousand, hope they're worth mining.